In this pose, one leg is lifted, but there is more to it than that. Let me walk you through it:
1. Begin in Downward Facing Dog Pose - see day 3.
2. Keeping your shoulders square and melted toward your thighs, inhale and slowly lift your left leg.
3. As you lift it high into the air, square your hips to the mat - keeping them parallel to the ground. Be careful not to angle your body to the side.
4. Point your toe into the air to engage your leg muscles, take a 6 count breath in and out, and slowly lower your leg back down.
5. Once more with the other leg.
6. Slowly come out of the pose into Table Top Pose (hands and knees).
I will challenge you again to do this pose at least THREE times today - all spread out throughout the day, or all at once as your 10 minute yoga practice. We are building our core, shoulder, back, and arm strength and stability. We WILL get to handstands...but I want you to be far more capable when we do. I believe in you!
About the Blogger
Haley is passionate about Raw Food and how God has used it to heal her. She loves to share what she knows with anyone who is curious, and finds herself talking to everyone around her about her lifestyle.