I have a new love in my business - taking people grocery shopping!!! I've done it a dozen times now and it's so much fun teaching others all the little tricks I've picked up over the past few years. It seems silly to some to pay someone to go shopping with you, but there is lots to learn!
1. What your grocery list should look like: Many people list what they need, but not quantities and aren't fully prepared with the right amounts of ingredients for the recipes they decide on.
2. How to pick produce to last the whole week: I teach people to only go grocery shopping once a week, which cuts down on impulse buying each time, as well as the cost of gas it takes to drive to and from the store.
3. How to pick ripe produce: Pineapples, Mangos, Avocados, Bananas, Greens...what do they look/smell like when ripe, when do you need to eat them, and how to you prepare them?
4. Inexpensive Deals: I teach how to price match, good questions for your produce managers at your stores, how to affect change in prices/selection where you shop the most.
5. Budgeting Groceries: If you know how much you have to spend, not only will you achieve that goal, but have a little left over for special grocery treats that you might not otherwise get.
6. Unknown Fruits/Vegetables: There is a good segment of the produce section I doubt you have even visited! I will introduce you to things you've only heard about, give you ideas as to how to use them, tell you why they are good for you, etc. :)
We usually spend 1-2 hours at the grocery store - and I can come to you if need be. It's a blast - wonderfully educational - and fun!
Let's talk about Price Matching! Does it seem like a lot of extra work? Don't feel as though you have the time/patience/energy for it? Well, I'm now offering my services! For $10/month, I will send you weekly emails regarding how/when/what to price match. If you would like to sign up for the year, it's a discounted $100! This pays for itself, for I save far more than $10 every time I shop, let alone per month. Imagine shopping for $100 worth of groceries, but only spending $35! That is what I did with my Green Smoothie Detox Program clients - I took them all shopping and we cut our budget by 2/3!
About the Blogger
Haley is passionate about Raw Food and how God has used it to heal her. She loves to share what she knows with anyone who is curious, and finds herself talking to everyone around her about her lifestyle.