Woohoo! Today is the day we get inverted completely. Yesterday we did kickups, today we kickup and HOLD our handstand. We use the wall for support - not as a cheat, but as a building block for our handstand practice. Even when you can stick a handstand solid, you'll still use the wall for drills and strength building/maintaining. Also - have an exit plan. If you are afraid to fall over, place cushions down, handstand near a couch or bed...find a way to overcome those fears.
1. Start in Down dog a foot away from the wall, facing the wall.
2. Adjust your feet so that you can kick up confidently. One leg back - this will touch the wall first, and a strong forward leg that will kick you up into the air and find the wall last.
3. You may need to kickup multiple times before both feet find the wall.
4. Once both feet are touching the wall - point your toes up toward the ceiling, squeeze your thighs together, draw your bellybutton toward your spine, and breathe.
5. Breathe more. DO NOT HOLD YOUR BREATH!
6. When you are ready to come down, attempt to come down the same way you went up..one leg at a time. If you topple over or fall down - that's okay! Try again! And again!
I want to see your handstands!!! Take photos, take videos, if you don't want to post them, text me!